Small Businesses just entering Social Media – Don’t be scared.
Social media marketing is an important aspect of promoting your small business and is something you can start to take control of yourself. Below are some quick thoughts for small business owners just starting out in social media.
- Start with the BIG Four – Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn
- One of the most important social media outlets you should set up immediately is Google+ Local. Fill out all the information – and be found!
- The second social media outlet is Twitter. Even if you don’t use it regularly, set up an account. It’s not just for the young at heart.
- The third is of course Facebook – because “it’s well known”, if nothing else
- The fourth is LinkedIn – this is the professional connection side of your business
“The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket”
This demographic has grown 79% since 2012
“The 45–54 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+”
For Facebook, this group has jumped 46%For Google+, 56%
Tips for Small Businesses just entering Social Media:
- Use social media to sell your product
- Join Twitter, Google+ to start
- Increase your followers on these channels
- Build relationships by following back
- Figure out # of tweets per day
- Tweet at optimal times
- Join LinkedIn
- Create LinkedIn company pages vs LinkedIn profiles
- Share engaging content on your Facebook page
- Create a Company page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/digitalinterventions)
- Post appropriate content – news, updates on your product, sales, tips
I leave you with a video on Google+ for Local business