The coolest, baddest, most expensive, and biggest LED billboard in North America is getting ready to razzle-dazzle city-goers in New York’s Time Square. Actually it is already cranking out some dazzling animations, but after Thanksgiving Google will rent this space for $2.5 million for 4 weeks.
Here are some facts on the billboard. Be sure to check out the video below, It is impressive. Just wouldn’t want to live across the street. A suntan situation for sure. Jerry and Kramer would be upset.
- This “spectacular,” as they call them in the trade, is more than 25,000 square feet of seamless digital canvas
- It is BIG – a record-breaking 77.69 feet by 329.65 feet and covers an entire city block
- The highest resolution LED video display in the world of this size with a pixel density of 2,368 x 10,048
- The highest contrast LED screen in the U.S. with Real Black™ LED technology, producing deep, rich black levels and unsurpassed vertical viewing angles, ensuring Times Square crowds have clear views of the display when close and in bright sunlight
- It is capable of displaying movies and animations, as well as sound when police permits are obtained in advance
- Armed with High definition crowd cameras
- Provides interactive social media and live broadcast feed capabilities
- It is owned by Vornado Realty Trust.
- Costing advertisers an estimated $2.5 million for four weeks of display time
- Covers the facade of the Marriott Marquis hotel and retail spaces at 1535 Broadway, between 45th and 46th Streets in New York City
- Each day, more than 300,000 pedestrians are estimated to enter the Times Square
Is it worth it?
Added the Google Android Ad 12/1/14